Tip 1 – See whats available in the next release
When the release notes become available, there is usually a mad dash to see what has been added (well by some of us crazys anyway). And for the Summer ’15 release, I was beaten to it by Fabrice Cathala, Salesforce Architect at Capgemini, blogger, and all round nice guy!
We picked out many of the same highlights out of the 269 pages, so here is our “Fab 10”
- Many Process Builder enhancements!
- Platform encryption (data privacy is a hot topic these days)
- Upgrade to Enhanced Goals (huge effort on the work.com side of things; is this announcing a “People Cloud”?)
- Edit feed posts and comments (very popular request on the IdeaExchange)
- Community reporting
- Choose Which Tests to Run in a Deployment
- Connect to content in Google Drive
- Run bulk macros on multiple records at the same time
- Add in-app support to your mobile app with SOS video Chat and Screen-Sharing
- Let Users Add Rich Text Notes to Records
For more details take a look at the full release notes here on a pdf or here in html, just search for the topics listed above.
Tip 2 – Register you Ideas!
Parker Harris offered his advice in a guest post on my 100th edition of this blog. It was…
“Make sure to take advantage of our IdeaExchange”
I have logged many Ideas, and one is being implemented in Summer ’15, very happy! Thanks Parker, and thanks Salesforce for listening!
Take a look here “Case Assignment checkbox – Hidden but selected?”