Tip #1 How was it for you? – 2014 Review
I hope 2014 was a great year for you, and that you have enjoyed the festive period! I would love to hear your highlights of 2014, and what you are looking forward to in 2015. But for all of my highlights of 2014, I want to thank YOU! Because without you reading my blog, I probably would not have kept up the motivation to keep digging for info, spreading the news, attending the events, and pushing myself. So thank you again, your readership and feedback is REALLY appreciated!
Here are 10 personal highlights of 2014:
- My 100th Blog post, with some very special guest bloggers.
- Shortlisted for the UK Blog Awards (thank you again for all your votes!), and the Big Chip Digital Awards.
- Renewed as a Salesforce.com MVP for Winter 2015
- My first Dreamforce presentation! On the best Apps on Appexchange.
- The MVP Summit in San Francisco in June. Meeting all the other MVPs from around the world, and having a chat with Salesforce co-founder Parker Harris.
- Being a judge at the 2014 Million dollar Hackathon.
- Growing the North England User Group to nearly 400 people. With a lot of support from the rest of the UK & Ireland community.
- Being a guest on the great Cloudlife Podcast
- Launching my infographic series ‘People to meet at Dreamforce/Salesforce1 World Tour…’, which will be growing further in 2015.
- Meeting the boss. I had a chance to chat with Marc Benioff the Salesforce.com CEO. He was a great guy, he took time out to have a proper conversation, discuss my thoughts of Dreamforce 2014 and the new products, and he was genuinely engaging.
Here’s to a great 2015 for all of us!!
Tip #2 Loading data into Salesforce
If you are unfortunate enough to have to do some data work over the holidays (like me), then you may find these guidelines useful. Click here to see Salesforce’s ‘Best practices for loading data‘.
It is also worth keeping an eye on the official Salesforce Support Twitter page for other ‘Best practice’ links.