The release notes for Spring 14 have just been published, so just in case you have not had chance to study the 325 pages yet, I will do it for you! The Spring 14 upgrade will magically appear around Valentines day (give or take a week depending on location, see more details below), so here is my Top 10 highlights to look out for:
- SalesforceA – The SalesforceA mobile app is officially launched, so you can edit user details, reset passwords, assign permission sets, plus for unlocking, freezing, and deactivating user accounts…all from your mobile device. Plus one of my favourite parts of SalesforceA is that you can launch into the Salesforce Community (i.e. Ideas, Answers, User Groups, etc)
- New Data Import Wizard – This was available in Beta, but now its here…”You don’t have to pick and choose between different wizards in Setup anymore. Now you can do it all in one place!”.
- Skills (Pilot only) – Add and share your skills on your Chatter Profile, so you can identify experts in different areas. This looks similar to how you can use Skills on your LinkedIn profile.
- Post Announcements in Chatter Groups – Post group announcements to highlight important messages which will appear in a nice yellow box on the group page.
- Communities – Private Messages & Badges – Users can now send private Chatter messages to other members within a community (so they don’t appear in your feed, your profile, global search results, or any other part of Chatter that’s publicly visible). Also you can show appreciation for users in your communities by giving, receiving, and creating badges.
- Changes to Forecasts – Forecasts 1.0 (Classic) will be retired, and Customizable Forecasting will not be developed any further, so Spring 14 sees the push of Collaborative Forecasting. There are also some new features of Forecasts, so time to revisit Forecasts for us all!
- File Storage Per Paid User License Increased from 612 MB to 2 GB – What’s not to like there!
- Flexible Sorting in Reports – In a report with multiple grouping levels, sort groupings by the summary value that defines each grouping.
- Hide Unused Report Types – This should tidy things up a bit!
- Partial Data Sandboxes – Partial Data sandboxes include all of your organization’s metadata and add a selected amount of your production organization’s data that you define using a ‘sandbox template’.
As always there are a number of features that have been delivered in response to Ideas logged on the IdeaExchange. So remember to post your suggestions, and vote on others. It does not necessarily take thousands of people to vote for it, this one only had 5 votes !
Note that the Spring’14 release dates have been put back, so keep an eye on this site for the date for your specific instance.