Tip #1 Top Ten highlights of Summer ’14 Release
I am sure you have all read the Summer ’14 Release Notes doc, it’s ONLY 331 pages this time… But just in case you haven’t here are the Top 10 features that I spotted.
- Pilot version of Duplicate Detection (ask your SFDC Representative to enable this). This is also available on Salesforce1 App.
- With the SFDC1 ‘TODAY’ functionality, import an event on your phone directly to the SFDC Calendar. Also you can do add a new contact from your phone into SFDC1.
- Roll out Chatter for a subset of Users (control this via custom profiles or permission sets)
- Chatter Questions (beta), users can view similar questions and articles as they enter their question. Users can also select a Best Answer.
- Enhancements to Salesforce for Outlook, including access to ‘Help’, more Publisher Actions available.
- Price book entry customisations, so you can now create and edit custom fields, layouts, validation rules.
- Enhancements to Reports and Dashboards on the SFDC1 App, including ‘Drill to Report’
- Mass Delete Reports. Under the Setup menu you can now clear out those public reports that are never run!
- Changes to the ‘Manage Users’ permission, to make sure it is not over used, now there are 8 new more specific permissions.
- Advanced Setup search (beta, enable this at customize/user interface), so you can search for custom field definitions, custom objects etc
Tip #2 A Summer of Hacks
Build the best mobile app at one of these Hackathons (New York, Bangalore, Los Angeles, London) to win some pretty good prizes, and a lot of prestige. And it looks like its not just for the techies, there are 3 roles that you could play (Developer, Designer, or Secret Weapon). I guess by default that makes me a ‘Secret Weapon’!?
Take a look here for more details and registration and maybe see you in London July 25th – 27th.